Warehouse quality control and quality assurance - Business - Industrial Mechanical
Warehouse quality control and quality assurance
by Keymas Systems
in Business / Industrial Mechanical
Quality assurance in the warehouse is a way of testing and checking the products in the warehouse so that the items and groups of items are what they should be. The idea is that at the end or other locations in the warehouse the items are checked, either by weight or size or other means, to make sure that it matches what is on the system.
By automating the system the software can check within certain parameters, for example within a selected weight band, to make sure that the item is what it should be. An example would be a box that is tracked by the system using the specific barcode, should have 3 x 50 kg items in. Then having a weighing check that the box passes over would check that the box weighs in at around 150kgs.
Advantages of warehouse automated control
* Quantity accuracy. Automated quality control will help you monitor the quantity of your packages. Manual inspection is a thing of the past. No human error, no wasted delivery charges for the wrong item.
* Weight accuracy. Any discrepancy on the package weight means quality issue. As early as the time it was detected, you will be able to correct it. This is the time manual checking is done.
* Safe and intact inspection. Inspection of goods or items sometimes passes several tests from production until it is shipped to the customer's door. In any case, it can get damaged or depreciate through various handling and inspection, the good thing about automated warehouse quality control is its ability to inspect through computers and with minimal help from manual inspection.
* Time saver. Save time by eliminating manual inspection. These items can pass one inspection through computer monitors and they are ready to be shipped.
* Excellent inspection capability. Automated quality inspection offers 100% accuracy on items inspected. Anything that does not comply with the standard quality assurance is immediately rejected as a precaution. This will enhance delivery of good quality products to the customer.
The automated quality checker can be installed by a conveyor system company and connected to work with your warehouse management system. The WMS should be able to track the progress of the box and check that the pickers have done their job and that the items are in the box.
Having this soon pays for itself after the initial investment as the checks make sure that the accuracy of the items is increased and problems on delivery are cut.
About the Author
Keymas are a conveyor system and warehouse automation solution company. Find out more at the Keymas website.
- Sent using Google Toolbar"
"Quality Assurance Techniques provide you latest information, updates, and techniques on how to manage quality system in order to meet customer satisfaction. There is no best way of doing things, there is always a room for improvement."
Warehouse quality control and quality assurance - Business - Industrial Mechanical Warehouse quality control and quality assurance by Key...
When I was applying for jobs online, I found this job opportunity for a shipping and receiving coordinator. I sent in my resume and was q...
There are several plastic molding companies right around the globe but only a very few companies are being very popular around the global ma...
Quality Assurance Techniques - Business - Business Ideas Quality Assurance Techniques by Jaizon Sison in Business / Business Ideas (sub...
The Importance Of Quality Assurance Tips - Business - Business Ideas The Importance Of Quality Assurance Tips by brooks in Business / Bu...
Your way to pay and get paid online - anytime, anywhere.